Archive

Friday, May 23, 2014

Week11/Individual Process - Site analysis

Since John came to join us this week, we all have got some new specific requirements as feedback. 

For my part, which is the environment, John is satisfied with the current environment I have done. But some more details needed:
1 considering the lights setting inside/outside the church;
2 take look with the landscape in real world location (Laon, Chartres);
3 no people in the game environment but some animals is needed such as cows;
4 no background music or sound to make the environment too fancy;
5 keep the environment and daytime in sunny;

Also I have got some information from other group members, Lauren(texture) said the texture of the church is fine but he just want to keep the whole building plain in colors. Which means I don't have to spend time to put texture on the surrounding buildings, just keep they with default texture and in white color will be fine.

To get familiar with the real world location, I search them on google map in different views.

Laon, France (image capture by myself in Google Map)
Laon, France (image capture by myself in Google Map)
Chartres, France (image capture by myself in Google Map)
Chartres, France (image capture by myself in Google Map)

Rivers in Chartres is very impressive. And from the geomorphic map, I learned that the landscape for the environment should more flat and wide with some farmhouse.

I have also found a heightmap mainly of France to well understand the landscape.

heightmap view of France
(image from online: http://archive.forum.si
mutrans.com/topic/00098.0/)

No comments:

Post a Comment